- Get your influenza vaccination before the peak of flu season. Many Duke Health employees are required to receive influenza vaccines as a condition of employment.
- Visit the Duke influenza website to familiarize yourself with how Duke prepares for flu season.
- Visit the Duke coronavirus (COVID-19) website to familiarize yourself with COVID-19 (a deadly viral illness with some flu-like symptoms), Duke's response, and how to access testing.
If you are currently experiencing influenza-like illness:
- Do not come to work or school if possible. Students should follow the Health Issues, Short- and Long-Term policy and employees should follow the Sick Leave policy.
- If concerned about possible COVID-19 infection, students should contact Student Health to access testing. Employees should contact Employee Occupational Health and Wellness.
- Follow the advice of your physician to ensure a speedy recovery.
- Return to your normal routine and be ready for flu season the following year.
- Maintaining healthy habits can minimize your risk of contracting the flu.